Saturday, June 5, 2010

Warrior Dash

A bunch of our friends, plus my sister Sommer, traveled to Forney, Texas with us on May 2 to participate in The Warrior Dash.  The day was so much fun!  We ran a 3.5 mile course that had 14 different obstacles scattered throughout it.  The obstacles included crawling through mud, sliding down a muddy hill, climbing hay bales, swimming in a pond, and even jumping fire.  This was definitely a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget!

 I ran with a water proof camera, so my pictures are very poor quality.

Before the race, nice and clean.

Pond with BIG logs you had to jump/swim over.  This was the most difficult obstacle, in my opinion.

Sommer headed down the mud slide.

I grabbed this pic of me off of the main photographer's site.

Another one I grabbed of me.

After the race, nice and dirty.

Sunday & Clint.  No, Clint did not win--every participant received a t-shirt, warrior hat and a medal!

You could donate your shoes once you finished racing.  I donated mine--they were caked with mud.

1 comment: