Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 4th Weekend

We didn't really do anything exciting this July 4th. On Friday, July 3rd we went to Lake Kemp and watched the fireworks. They were put on by professionals, so it was a great show. I left my camera in the car, so I didn't get any pictures.

On Saturday, July 4th we went to my grandfather's for lunch. The boys swam and we had hot dogs for lunch. Layton, as you can tell, didn't swim much. He was into riding the play horse and pestering everyone with a water gun. The evening of the 4th we joined some friends at their house for a cookout. They are excellent cooks and the food is always wonderful!

On Sunday, July 5th we went with my parents to Possum Kingdom Lake. My aunt and uncle have a cabin there, so we went and spent the day. The boys played on the "beach" and fed the ducks. It was cloudy and kind of cool that day, so we didn't do much but let the boys play while we visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment