Friday, January 8, 2010

You Can Buy Anything At Wal-Mart!

A week or so ago, Layton asked where I got him.  I jokingly said Wal-Mart, because he always tells me that we will have to get more (crackers, toys, whatever..) at Wal-Mart in Wichita Falls.  I, of course, explained to him, that he was a gift from God to me and daddy and that he and Kade are the greatest gifts ever.

Well, this Wal-Mart joke kind of came back to bite me at the sitter's on Wednesday.  When the boys and I were headed out the door they were fussing and arguing with each other.  The sitter, Rosemary, was walking to the door with us and Kade made the comment to her that he likes to see Layton get bustings.  She jokingly/lovingly told him that wasn't nice to say, because Layton was his one and only brother and would be his best friend one day.  She told Kade that God especially picked Layton out for Kade, because he knew Kade would be the best big brother for Layton.  Well, I didn't think Layton was listening, because he was a little ways ahead of us, but he heard the part about him being a gift from God and he came back to Rosemary and told her, "She bought me at Wal-Mart."  We all got a good laugh out of that.

2 comments: