Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

We woke up to a Winter Wonderland on Christmas Eve morning!  The snow was beautiful and the boys were so excited, of course.  I heard the news say that the DFW area has not had a white Christmas in 80 years, so I guess that goes for us, too.







Each year we go to my grandparents' (Buckalew) for Christmas Eve.  We eat dinner, open gifts and spend time with family.  We usually spend the evening together, but this year, because of the weather we woke up to, we moved the time up to lunch.  It took us almost 1 1/2 hours to get there, a trip that normally takes 35 minutes.  The kids all got gifts from everyone and the adults had a Chinese Christmas exchange with gift cards.  Clint got a gift card to Academy (which, he brought) and I got one to Ulta (my sister traded me a Target one, though).  Kade received a Wii game, a DS game, books and several Webkinz items.  Layton received a Diego rescue backpack, a Uno Moo game and several plastic animals to play with.

This was the road coming home.  It had been worked by then, so it was much better than the trip to my grandfather's.


Fence lines driving home.


Kade with a new book.


Layton and his Diego backpack.


JW, Layton & Kade

No comments:

Post a Comment